Cessnock City Council invites dog owners of the Cessnock LGA to attend a free microchipping session.
In addition to advice, owners can microchip their pet, update its details, or chat with rangers. Cat owners, see below*
Microchipping is a permanent method of identification that ensures a lost pet is returned to its owner and not destroyed as a stray.
To decrease the number of pets that become permanently lost Council has increased the number of microchipping days. This year Council’s Ranger team hold microchipping days at a number of local parks across the Cessnock LGA. The first days will be held during May and for the first time this service will be offered September.
- Wednesday 8 May Kurri Kurri Aquatic and Fitness Centre carpark
- Monday 13 May North Rothbury Huntlee fenced Dog Park
- Monday 20 May Cessnock Sportsground
- Tuesday 28 May at Weston Maybury Peace Park
The microchipping days are open to all dog owners who are residents of the Cessnock LGA.
* Due to the locations not being suitable for microchipping cats, cat owners are encouraged to contact Council to arrange an appointment on 02 4993 4100.
For more information on microchipping your pet visit www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/community/animals/Microchipping.
Image credit: Sternrenette