Cessnock City Council selected five key projects eligible for Commonwealth funding of $1,065,399.
New England Highway, Branxton.
The following projects endorsed when council met on Wednesday 15 July 2020 are awaiting approval.
- Weston Public School Zone Precinct Upgrade – $150,000
- Branxton Town Centre Upgrade Stage 3 – $330,000
- Government Road, Weston Road Pavement Upgrade – $300,399
- Cessnock Performing Arts Centre Back Stage Access Project – $200,000
- Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre Improvements – $85,000
Cessnock City Mayor, Councillor Bob Pynsent said he looks forward to seeing these projects get underway.
Each of these projects will benefit our local community in some way, whether it be improved accessibility, visual amenity or safety benefits.”
Council will need to complete these projects by 30 June 2021 to receive the full amount of allocated funding.
Council works details are at www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au.